Friday, February 26, 2010

Week Seven: Encouragment in action

No real stories, but I like this encouragement. I haven't said "good job" in days. "You did it" fits there so nicely. I'm even saying that on the evening dog walks, and it's phenomenal how much more I feel like I'm part of a team when I do that. Can't tell you what the dogs think, and we'll have to see what the longterm responses are.

It's such a relief to put aside praise. I thought it was easy, and I guess it is, but it never felt "right."

Ecouragement fits right in there with the crucial C's. When I respond to Fiora's deeds using observation or questions, right away there's this chance to connect. To be honest, I think those moments used to intimidate me. But with the background that doing this work has given me (through Parenting on Track - especially really doing the crucial C's, for Fiora and the dogs and for me), I'm finding it more and more fun to look for that connection.

Haven't really worked on the encouragement angle at work yet. Things are going pretty smoothly there. I like the idea of asking questions to let other people solve their problems, so will keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment