Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week Four: It's Harder When I'm Sick...

I mean, when I'm not lying back and letting her take care of stuff, anyway. When we're together, I was finding it hard to be creative about finding ways to share my thoughts that the valentines we were making should have similar amounts of stickers on them, so siblings getting valentines from here wouldn't get jealous - gods, let it go! I can always dress one up with drawings before I send it out. And then again, when milk got spilt twice at breakfast, I was pretty good about not choosing to freak out (small hurrah!), just getting the rags, and Fiora did a great job cleaning up the bulk of it...then I zipped in and tidied up the rest...even after she asked to be able to spray it down to clean it up. Duh!! Well, it's always good to have something to shoot for! ;)

2 comments:

  1. And oh my god, I just let go about the whole "helping her make valentines" - last night I was worried she wouldn't draw on each one, and I wouldn't be sending the kids on her list valentines that SHE actually drew (I was drawing, too). And in fact, she resisted drawing on the stuff I kept shoving towards her. This morning, of course, she can't get enough of coloring on them! She GOT it when I told her what we were doing was like what Blue on Blue's Clues did when she put her drawing in the mail for her granny (or whoever). Once again...back off, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fi is amazingly responsive to all this! Great incentive for you. We learn so much from our kids, when we can just stop and listen - instead of plowing ahead through life on our own agendas.

    ReplyDelete