Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week Three: Why Loving It?

Because I like the idea of her doing stuff, but have a very hazy feel for what a kid should be able to do at any age. Being able to expect MORE, being given permission to let her struggle a bit, is great! I like the idea that she may not need me hovering and helping so much as she needs a bit of space to experiment. Some things I'm good about not hovering with, but when she gets frustrated, well, that's hard for me to watch. So, I've let her get a bit more frustrated, and WITHOUT it affecting my emotional status. Using the idea that if she truly can't do it, we can still do it together and encourage that next time it might be easier. So I'm still there to support, but I'm not usurping her growing up, and not tied in to the emotion of the moment, but free to give her space and be emotionally unentangled. *sigh* So nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment