Friday, February 5, 2010

Week Four: Take some power

Okay, I was ready to walk away from this, but then I reviewed what we'd talked about on Monday about the power situation. And part of it was that the parent gives away too much power, too. When I think about Fiora, there are certainly situations where I decide to be really clear about my expectations and she responds so beautifully, so easily and with seeming content. That makes me think that me being willing to claim my own power in appropriate situations (can't think of any right now...the sensation of claiming power creates a stronger memory than any little issues that were involved!) ALSO helps support her. And (by?) gives her a role model, too.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, maybe this is part of giving "age-appropriate" power, as Vicki puts it.

    ReplyDelete