Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week One: Do Nothing, Say Nothing - addendum

I think, with my reluctance to engage in nagging behaviors, I am SO ready for this methodology! I was remembering how I also let Fiora get uncomfortable (tell her something is hot, but if she wants to try it she can...tell her it's cold outside, but if she doesnt want a coat we'll go outside) - I feel like she learns so WELL this way, and again, it prevents me from having to nag her about stuf she's never experienced. She KNOWS what we're talking about now, and she makes choices from her own experience.

But I admit, I sometimes felt like a callous mother when around other mothers, and it's a real relief to have some support for working this way.

Note: I'm starting to realize that while I may be stellar about nagging, I DO have tendency to whine rather than being really clear about what I want or need from others...ACK!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was just talking to DH about this (he's psyched, he's always wanted me to blog about something :) ), and I realized that what set me on my good habits was actually reading a book about building healthy relationships - anyone out there read Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus? I resisted for AGES, ended up reading up targeting business relationships because I had a male nurse I could NOT relate well with, despite liking him personally, and I swear the info saving my budding marriage.

    Realizing this reminded me of what I wanted the other half of my title to be....

    ReplyDelete