Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week Six: The Crucial C's (connect, capable, count, courage)

Thanks, Vicki, for all the encouragement. That was such fun! And winning your prize, well, that may be the best prize I've ever gotten, 'cause it's for something I'm doing from my own center and not to fit the expectations of others - like, wow.

Of course, you know that all the best stuff (prizes) comes from how life is changing. I can't believe how much my OWN sleep schedule has improved this week! It's been surprisingly easy to make changes that I've been wanting to make (on some level) for ages, surprisingly easy to commit to sleep as something that is just as important as all that forcing myself to stay alert so I can get more done. Maybe because of the clarity that comes from seeing how much happier Fiora is when she gets sleep, and how much cloudier her thinking and responses are when she's tired. I don't want to live that way, and don't want her to, either. And maybe too from that fabulous line I keep going back to, that evolved from the sleep roadmap - I have a goal now to be tuned in to our own body rhythms (and maybe even to our family's rhythm), and to honor them.

Really looking forward to the four C's (for more info, and for credit where credit is due, know that the Crucial Cs were developed by Drs. Betty Lou Bettner and Amy Lew - check out more info at http://www.connexionspress.com/books.html). Just this morning I told Fiora how MUCH she matters to me, and she was really quiet. Looking back, I see her starting to do some mildly destructive things in the house, and I think she needed to hear this. Amazing how much quiet there can around things that are so important to do, it's no wonder we get distracted from doing them or don't realize how important they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment