Monday, March 29, 2010

Week nine, part II: Money Take Two

After much reminding on my part, family meeting did happen. It's definitely taking some finagling for it to happen, though part of that was due to the fact that we were visiting friends this weekend. Anyway, we had it after a quick dinner last night, and I admit that I used chocolate dessert to keep Fiora at the table while Bri found her allowance (he is now treasurer!). Then we did our appreciations (man, but I enjoy that!), Fiora was prompted to say "thank you" 'cause she wasn't going to offer anything, but after another week (so she knows that she's encouraged to say something, and has a starting point) I think we might try dropping that for a month or so and see if she'll volunteer anything. I presented the idea of contributions, but I'm in no big rush for those (she's only two, and right now responsibilities seem to scare her rather than make her feel capable, like playing at responsibilities does). We didn't have $2, so she got $1 and a quarter. Brian prompted her to put it away (she was going to leave it at the table), and I think it made it to her bed last night! We did go shopping the other day, and she wanted a crayon/book...could've asked her about her money then, not sure that I did.

So, that's the week in money review. Got to share the mindset of PoT with some childless friends of ours, they quite liked the ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Is there any time during the week when the 3 of you are pretty consistently together? We do Sunday mornings, and having the standing date makes it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pose it as a problem next week if we have trouble again - we'll be visiting the in-laws. It's tough to sit at the table in someone else's house, because it's a pretty public space. I don't mind doing my appreciations in public, but I'm not so sure about Brian. We'll find out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just like gymnastics class, the kids clown around if they have an audience. Also, many distractions at someone else's house! With a 2-year-old, you may be mostly modelling for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete