Monday, March 8, 2010

Week eight: more extinction

Gods, I love extinction techniques! Not sure where this fits in our schedule (DNSN?), but this morning I offered Fiora a little 85% dark chocolate (hardly sweet at all, okay?). She screamed bloody murder when I "only" gave her one piece and threw the piece away...so...I picked up the chocolate and took it with me back downstairs (where we were watching an early morning bear documentary!). She screamed and cried the whole way downstairs, and I just ignored. Not angry ingnored. Not "serves you right" ignored. Just ignored it as undesirable behavior I had no desire to "feed" with my own energy. Fi ended up downstairs with me, crying but quieter, and asked for some chocolate. I said "sure," and we enjoyed some peaceable good chocolate! That was some drama that did NOT need mama-attention, and it just feels so good not to be drawn into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment