Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week Nine: Back to the crucial C's again

I really love the Crucial C's. Focusing on those have brought my heart into play in an expansive way I really wasn't experiencing before with my family, and this has happened over and over again. It's really a challenge for me to do each of the crucial C's (connect, tell them how much they count, recognize their courage, and give them chances to be capable), especially the first three. And over this past week, I've really been recognizing again that many of the ways I interact don't actually connect, but kindof skip over that possibility and that potential. But recognizing it has the power to motivate me back into gear remembering my true goals, seeing that what I really want is to connect. It's still a challenge to give up my tendency and my habit to be internally multitasking, and yet when I do give up that tendency and commit to doing just connecting for a little bit, it's intensely rewarding and my life somehow seems to get less complicated rather than more chaotic (as I might've expected).

No comments:

Post a Comment