Sunday, April 18, 2010

Out of control in a bad way

Terrible bedtime tantrums. I suspect it's related to the fact that she's been getting to sleep too late and Bri's been crazy tense about work. And perhaps to the recent chicken pox party we attended, if something's coming on. Also had a Lyme titer taken at the pediatrician's (we live in CT), nothing back yet. and of course we have several courses of tantrum right now because she's learned to climb out of her crib and is sleeping in a low bed (keeping the gate across her door so she can't come out, but Bri keeps going to her to put her back in bed instead of letting her figure it out herself that it's not social time).

My ideal roadmap: Bri to change his job. I get the results from the pediatrian, even if they are only partial (will call tomorrow). Fi goes to bed at 7pm (started that tonight). Talk to Bri about letting her get up and cry about not wanting to go to bed if she chooses to, but not interacting with her

on the upside, the bedtime routine was great tonight. My back was killer painful this weekend, spending loads of time in bed just to stay sane. And surprisingly enough, Fiora decided my bed was the playzone of choice. It was really pretty fun. We made up games on the bed: hiding from Nimbletoes the poodle or from monsters under the covers, having her climb the mama-knee mountain and making them collapse under her, sitting between my legs which were under the covers and making that space a boat that was rolling on rough waters - much imagination and fun. And then tonight, I suggested she get her notebook, and she got Bri's help to find her notebook, brought it back to the bed and colored beside me while I did my prep for work tomorrow. (now my work notes have some monster drawings :) )

It's funny how feeling sick, which makes me slow down so much, always seems to reveal to me things about my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment